Tuesday 16 December 2008

Angels On Bare Skin



I've been using Lush products for a few years now and have used a variety of products from their range, from haircare to deodorants, so I thought I could share my experience of using them. Some have been surprisingly good, others, not so. The first product I want to review is one I have used for over a year now, and would definitely recommend to anyone with problem skin.


Apparently the blend of ingredients that go in to making this face wash are based on an ancient medieval recipe. I don't know if that's true, but I know that this works! So what's in it exactly?


Almonds: Almond usually appears in cosmetics as almond oil for its hydrating properties. In this case I'm not sure if it's the oil thats used or actual pieces of almond because this is more of a putty than a cream and the little pieces act as an exfolient. Either way, the face wash always leaves my skin feeling soft and supple.


Rose oil: Probably what makes this a little bit more pricey, rose oil softens the skin. It's also known for its antiseptic and antiviral properties and can help skin conditions such as eczema.


Lavender oil: Similar to rose oil in its antiseptic properties, this is also really good for acne and eczema.


Kaolin: Used to draw out impurities and toxins in the skin, kaolin has excellent absorbent qualities. It's great for oily skin because it removes the excess oil and acts as a remineraliser.




It looks and smells a little weird and at first is really strange to use. If you're used to using liquid facial washes, then this could take some getting used to but if you stick with it, it'll pay off. The best way to use it is to break off a small amount and mix it with warm water so it becomes like a sort of paste. If you're in the shower this is much easier because I usually end up dropping little bits of this everywhere. Sometimes I use a larger amount and apply it more thickly and leave it on my skin for a couple of minutes to act as a deep clean face mask.


A lot of people are put off from this because it's not what they're used to and for me like many others, made my skin worse to begin with. I think this is just your skin detoxifying, and after using it for so long now it's made a great improvement to my skin. The sales person in Lush that introduced me to this recommended it for use on combination/oily skin for use all year round, or on oily skin in the winter and Herbalism in the summertime which is for more problem skin, as skin tends to be more oily then. I've stuck with this one because it's worked for me with no problems. What's also brilliant about it, is it lasts for ages so at £5.14 for 100g is very reasonably priced.



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin