Sunday 24 April 2011

Summer's Coming - New Clothes and Green Monsters!

The glorious weather we are having right now in the UK really makes it feel like Summer is well and truly on the way. It's hard to believe it's only April and we have temperatures in the mid 20s, love it! New weather usually means new clothing as my wardrobe needs a little bit of updating which includes selling some of the old on ebay. I really hate throwing clothes out, I'd rather wear something until it's falling to pieces or sell it on ebay or give to charity before it gets to that state. Top is from La Redoute, courtesy of my lovely Mum who bought one for herself and thought that I would like it too. It's available in pink, blue and grey and priced around the £10 mark.
Jeans are from Topshop and are the Kristen fit, they're highwaisted and have three buttons on the waist. I liked the black with the gold buttons best as I needed new black jeans and thought these looked a little different. They look good with tops tucked in but they are a skinny fit jean as well so you can wear them without tucking things in if you want them to look like your standard skinny black jean. They're priced at £40.Next are the top I found in New Look for (I think) the £20 mark. It's a very sheer material so you need very nude underwear, otherwise you can wear a vest top underneath. It's available in various different prints, I had a choice of three but this was my favourite. I've paired it with new jeans from Primark which I am amazed by! They are skinny fit and are soft, stretchy and very comfortable. I might say they are one of my favourite pairs of jeans as they fit so well and for £8 are an absolute bargain. I will be wearing these to death, and although I'm not expecting them to last as long as Topshop ones I've also been pleasantly surprised by how well these wash. Many things I've previously bought from Primark have fallen apart after a few washes which to me is a complete waste of money. I wear these so much though and have already washed them a number of times and they're showing no signs of wear yet so I may get more life out of them than I expected. I love the bow detail at the bottom of the New Look top, it's a pretty detail, as is the exposed zip on the top of the back of the top which is black.Another Primark find is this very loose cable knit jumper. I got this around early March time and it's great for Spring because it doesn't offer an awful lot of heat as you can imagine by the big holes in it. I haven't needed to wear a jumper at all these last few days, but no doubt the weather will turn soon and I'll dig this out for the evenings. It's nice and figure hugging, is available in stone, and navy and priced at £12.I found this blouse type top in Peacocks priced at £20 (roughy) which I hate to admit but I thought was a bit too much for Peacocks! it has quite an oriental feel to it and I like to wear it in the evenings, it goes nicely over a nice top and jeans, or a dress. I also wear it to smarten up a day time look. It is button-less but it reminds me of a blouse or makes a good substitute for a blazer. This lovely weather also inspires me to stay motivated in keeping healthy. I'm definitely a lot more active and optimistic lately, it's amazing what a positive effect the sunshine has on me. I first heard about The Green Monster Movement from Lily Loves Lola's blog so went over to Angela's site to find out how to make one. At first I was not convinced, spinach in a drink sounds really quite disgusting to me even if it is mixed with fruit and milk. I love spinach, I eat it raw in a salad, or cooked with a meal, on pizzas, you name it, it's a great food and helps that I know it's good for me, but drinking it is another thing. Anyway, I kept an open mind and made one of the most basic recipes for a Green Monster - Spinach, blueberries, soya milk and bananas. The verdict....

It tastes freakin good! The fruit completely overpowers the spinach, luckily you can't taste it too much, it doesn't overpower the other ingredients which is great because I don't think I would enjoy it if it were overly spinachy. I've since made one with oat milk aswell, just to try oatmilk really, and it tasted pretty much the same. I did feel very energised after drinking this for two days but I need to keep it up regularly to notice any difference to my skin and condition of my hair and nails. If you've not joined the Green Monster Movement yet, give it a go, it's tasty and very healthy!

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Some very nice finds, very summery.
I'm glad that smoothie tastes better then it looks.

Peg x

Peggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I've been drinking a lot of Green Smoothies a lot lately too! Try adding blueberries and/or half an avocado! Really, it's super good! And the Avocado keeps you fuller longer!

Unknown said...

I have the Primark jumper! :)
Love those Topshop jeans, but I can't pull high-waisted off :(
xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin