Saturday 8 January 2011

Some January sales finds

I wasn't expecting to find too much when I went shopping today. The best things from the January sales are usually snapped up on Boxing Day, but I had some gift cards for Topshop that I wanted to spend and was pleasantly surprised by how calm and quiet the shops were today, perfect shopping conditions compared to the carnage before Christmas. I stopped in River Island first. The sale was surprisingly good, they had lots of decent things left, although unfortunately there was a lack of any sort of size organisation, but I had time to sift through and found these... Stripy t-shirt with pocket detail: £3.50. I've wanted a stripy top like this for a while. I found one in the non-sale items which had light blue stripes that I preferred slightly more to this, but for the price (£15) it was a no-brainer which to choose. The stripes are almost neon-pink whilst the base of the t-shirt is cream, it has a very nostalgic 90s feel to it which I like.
I was glad I eventually found my size in this as I was prepared to buy a bigger size and customise it. It doesn't look right unless it's tucked into jeans so you don't get to see the bottom bit when I wear it, but I can't change my shortness so I'll deal with it. I don't own that many graphic t-shirts but they always catch my eye when I'm browsing. Next I popped along to Topshop and found a couple of items. The shirt is current season so full priced, but I fell in love with the silky feel, the smart yet casualness and the sheer luxuriousness of it. Silk and silk effect shirts are big news this spring apparently, but regardless of that, this will be a lovely key work-piece.
I also found this cropped rolled sleeved top with a vintage style pattern which reminds me of 1930s art deco. They have this top in a bronze colour which is current season priced at £35. This patterned one which I much preffered was marked down at £10, bargainous! It's made from a material called "cupro" which I have never heard of before, but apparently it is similar to viscose, again it has quite a silky texture. I could probably dress this up, but since I'm a total jeans girl, I will probably just pair it with jeans, it's just a smarter alternative to a t-shirt.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Nice finds! Especially loving the Topshop silk shirt xx

Onyx said...

Thanks hun, I'm not normally a shirt person, so this makes a nice change. xXx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin