Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy new year everyone! So 2010 has reached an end, and I don't know what that means for you, but it was a great year for me. I feel like I've reached a point where everything has finally just clicked into place, and I'm exactly where I need to be right now, career, relationship and location wise. I am the sort of person who always likes to challenge myself, and not let things become stagnant. I guess I have a low attention span and can get bored quite easily! That's exactly why I don't make new year's resolutions, because I'm very unlikely to follow them through. I have begun this year feeling optimistic about what lies ahead and so have dug out one of my favourite quotes that meant so much to me a few years ago when I lived in the States. It's by Anaïs Nin:
"Throw your dreams into space like a kite, and you do not know what it will bring back, a new life, a new friend, a new love, a new country."
So I am hoping this year to move abroad for a little while. Not a resolution as such, but just something I hope I get to do.

And just in case it doesn't work out...I have also promised myself to hoard less! I'm pretty sure I can do this one as I literally don't have the room for loads of rubbish now, so some of it has to go!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin