Sunday 26 December 2010

Boxing Day festivities

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas day whatever you got up to! I was so happy to spend time with my family. I haven't been home since the summer nearly six months ago so it's really been so nice for me to be back here and escape London life for a week.


Christmas Day was spent having a lie-in, eating lots of breakfast, and watching lots of films. We had a white Christmas here in the Midlands. Although it didn't snow, it's been below freezing since it snowed a couple of days ago so the snow has remained on the ground and rooftops, as has the rather pathetic excuse for a snowman my boyfriend and I made. My Mum was working so Christmas didn't start officially until she came home. We waited until she'd finished to open our presents, admittedly, the child in me found this a little difficult! The build-up to Christmas always seems a bigger deal than the day itself, and today it was hard to believe that Christmas is over for another year. I enjoyed today just as much, my brother and sister-in-law came over with their puppy Buster so with two dogs under the roof it felt like a full house hold. I brought my camera down with me but forgot my computer lead so I will have to wait until I get back to show you the photos, both of the dogs, and of my lovely pressies.

I really hope everyone has had as lovely time as I have. I'm now really looking forward to NYE and having a get together in London before the reality of returning to work kicks in!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin