Saturday 18 December 2010

FOTD using Sleek Sparkle Palette

Just a quick post to show you a look I created today using the Sleek Sparkle palette. I'm obsessed with this palette lately so there may be a few of these posts to come. Today I used a couple of colours from the palette to create a yellow and green look. I'm really happy with the outcome, I generally love these colours together anyway, I usually use gold mixed with green so this is just a bolder twist on that look. It's hard to find a true yellow eyeshadow with good colour pay-off but Sleek doesn't disappoint. Here I used the colour Tinsel all over the lid, and Mistletoe in the crease. This is a perfect combination to be used with Nylon on the brow bone. Nylon is a colour I love but usually find difficult to pull off, it has a slight lemonish tinge to it, which works well with the yellow and green. Tinsel is a shimmery but non-glitter shade, whilst Mistletoe is one of the glittery eyeshadows, this works quite nicely if you want just a little glitter but not full on glitter city.
Other products I used: Une Skin Glow foundation in G06, Maybelline Falsies mascara, Une eye kohl in black, MAC Springsheen blusher, MAC Creme d'nude lipstick. Lighting is crappy bathroom lighting I'm afraid, the best I can do during these dark winter days.
Hope you like this look and it's convinced you that the Sparkle palette is actually wearable! The shades are very bold, and I literally only touch my brush in the eyeshadow to get enough.
Has anyone else got their hands on a Sparkle palette yet? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin