Friday 26 June 2009

No more naked ears...

I had a healthy start to the day today, i’m not sure what came over me but I woke up really early, went for a jog and made a tasty, nutritious smoothie when i got back in. I love how satisfied and smug I feel when I’m jogging, in between the breathlessness and tight chest, it’s nice to feel like I’m doing something good for my body. Also, I’m not sure why but when I see a fellow jogger i want to high five them on passing! I’ve resisted the urge so far, but the thought of it makes me smile.
Another thing that made me happy today is my package arrived from allergymatters.com. At the start of May I got my ears pierced, at the ripe old age of 22! I partly blame my Mum because she only got hers done a couple of years ago and this must be the reason I never got them done as a child. I also did not really like the thought of getting anything pierced, because as I said when I was younger, I liked my naked ears! Anyway, the initial six weeks where I had to keep the starter studs in was over and I rushed to buy some new earrings to replace them. I was convinced that the earrings were allowed to be either 24k gold, stainless steel or silver, but apparently silver wasn’t on the list. I’d already bought these from a shop called Autumn and May in Greenwich market, it's a lovely little shop that sells a lot of contemporary, unusual looking pieces...I'm loving the cute box they came in....before it was too late and after reading about people with allergies to silver, I didn’t think it was worth risking putting them in whilst my ears were still in the healing process because if I was allergic I’d probably end up having to let them heal and go through the whole thing again. I wanted to find a pair of stainless steel studs rather than gold and because they have to be kept in for another 2 months I wanted to keep it simple. I really love pearl effect earrings, not just in the traditional pearl colour but all metallic colours too. So I was happy to find this pair: on allergymatters.com which are very similar to the silver, white pearl ones I bought, just a tiny bit bigger and they are a light grey pearl rather than white. I’m just really glad to get those starter studs out of my ears to be honest, and now I can’t wait til I can start buying all types of earrings, especially long dangly ones. So here's a bit of a wishlist:

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin