Saturday 30 July 2011

Une Radiance Refresh Night & Day 3 in 1 Micellar Cleansing Water for Face and Eyes

Firstly, what an extremely long title this product has. I shall just refer to it as Radiance Refresh. I had never heard of the word "Micellar" before and thought perhaps this was a made up thing. It turns out however, it's not, it actually means something. Basically, what I understand from "Micellar" is that it is a solution consisting of a solvent and water, the solvent obviously being the thing that breaks down your make-up. This is a 3 in 1 product so if you are someone who doesn't like shortcuts and will habitually do the 3 part process of Cleansing, toning, moisturising, you may not like this. I cleanse, tone, and I moisturise, but cannot honestly say I do this every day, morning and night without fail. Sometimes I just like to spray a load of my toner (Lush's Tea Tree Water) onto a cotton ball and swipe all over my face, job done. It's not really though, and it doesn't get every trace of my eye make-up off because it is just too gentle.

I was a bit surprised that an organic product could cleanse so well and effectively break down my make-up. For the past couple of years, I've been really against using anything harsh and too chemically to take my make-up off, even if it does the job really well. I had to read through the ingredients because I felt a little like I had been conned by the actual organic content of this product, but sure enough 99.3% are of natural origin. There was a certain sting factor when I accidently got some in my eye which made me question what was in it, and this I think is perhaps the alcohol content even though it's very low down on the list. I suppose also, natural doesn't always mean its going to be very gentle, and since this is "Micellar" it is designed as a solvent to break down your make-up so it needs to be a little rough. I do love that tingly clean feeling it leaves on my face.

I didn't realise it at the time, but this is a product I really needed and had a gap for amongst the rest of my products (we always find a way to justify our purchases don't we?!). This is just the perfect product to pack if you're going away somewhere, no need to bother with decanting all your make-up removers, cleansers and toners into mini bottles, this does the job well enough and comes in a not too bulky 150ml bottle.

There is absolutely no moisturising properties to this product which is hardly a surprise because its purpose is cleansing. The "3 in 1" refers to: 1. Gently cleanses. 2. Purifies. 3. Tones. It also says that "skin is hydrated and instantly rid of impurities". Hydrated or not, I still feel the need to use a moisturiser after this.

At £8.99 for a 150ml bottle, this does seem a little pricey. However, I don't need to drench the cotton wool, a few drops really is all you need, so I see this bottle lasting a while. I think you need to be prepared to pay a little extra for a natural product as well because rarely do they come cheap. As a multi-use product, I think this happens to be good value for money. It is highly effective and I can't think of another single product that has made my face feel this clean without feeling like I have burnt myself a little bit!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin